Monday, September 26, 2016

FX-7 at the Milwaukee MakerFaire

I had the work-in-progress FX-7 frame on display in our R2 Builder's Club booth at the Milwaukee MakerFaire this past weekend! I got a lot of positive feedback and some great suggestions from other builders about the build.

I made a full-size printout of the wireframe 3D model and mounted it of foam board. I then made to leaves that folded out so that I could stand it on the base section. I put a spare circular piece of Sintra on the top as a base where I set the head. This setup, along with half of the arm boxes arranged in around the front, gave you a pretty good idea of how tall and wide it was going to be.

I also made a info poster for the MakerFaire, with a montage of pictures, that explained just who was FX-7.

Now, only 12 more arms boxes to make and then onto the mid section!


No comments:

Post a Comment